Call for Submissions
The Art Gallery of Sudbury / Galerie d’art de Sudbury welcomes proposals from local artists for two offsite exhibition opportunities offered in conjunction with our partners in this program, The Laughing Buddha (194 Elgin Street, Sudbury) and the Sudbury Theatre Centre (170 Shaughnessy St, Sudbury).
These opportunities are intended to be sales opportunities for local artists and to showcase works from professional and emerging artists, instructors and students of the City of Greater Sudbury and surrounding regions. Proposal requirements and instructions for the offsite venue program are listed below. Confirmations of exhibition opportunities continue to be subject to Covid-19 protocols for the forthcoming year.
For more information on offsite venues, please email email@example.com
The Laughing Buddha
(194 Elgin Street, Sudbury)
Ideal works for this space are edgy, thought provoking, and showcase a fresh perspective.
For exhibitions of 6-10 artworks (size dependent)
In this venue, artists can display their work for a three-month period and may offer their work for sale.
The Sudbury Theatre Centre
(170 Shaughnessy St, Sudbury)
Ideal works for this space are project, theme and/or narrative-oriented.
For exhibitions of 8-12 artworks (size dependent)
In this venue, artists can display their work for a pre-determined period and may offer their work for sale.
Artists are invited to submit proposals which includes following information:
- Contact Information
- Artist statement (250 words max)
- Up to 10 jpeg images of artworks that have a common theme or narrative
- List of past art-related activity (past exhibitions, education, publications, etc.) as available
Please complete the submission form below. If submissions exceed 6MB, please WeTransfer or provide a link via DropBox.
Submissions to this call for proposals will be reviewed by the AGS programming team, including Director/Curator, Collections Care and Exhibition Coordinator, and other members of the curatorial and programming team.
Off-Site Programming Considerations
- Artists from Sudbury and surrounding region.
- Diverse programming that feature solo and group exhibitions, including Indigenous artists, Francophone artists, and Newcomer artists.
- Artistic merit: artist practice, cultural influences, identity, geography, community, language, etc.
- Proposals that consider availability and relation to gallery space.